A video from the recent "Conflict[ed] Reporting: War and Photojournalism in the Digital Age" symposium was created and is now available to watch at the links below.
- Video 1 - Introduction to Conflict[ed] Reporting: War and Photojournalism in the Digital Age
- Video 2 - Peter Maass: Perpetrators and Participants: War Photographers of the Digital Age
- Video 3 - Sharon Sliwinski: Seven Theses on the Photographic Situation
- Video 4 - Donald Matheson: When the war photographer returns: Exploring reflexive moments in photojournalism
- Video 5 - Panel: Conflict[ed] Reporting: War and Photojournalism in the Digital Age with Susan L. Carruthers, Vincent Lavoie, Louie Palu and Thierry Gervais
Warning: The videos contain some graphic images of war and conflict that some viewers may find disturbing.
"Conflict[ed] Reporting: War & Photojournalism in the Digital Age," was part of a two-day symposium on photojournalism jointly organized by Media@McGill, the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada, and the McCord Museum, on November 1 and 2, 2012.